Tags1770s 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's alabama Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humor interest humorous Maryland memories Michigan military New Jersey New York Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States history World War II
- Professor Darby of Auburn invented a machine to study air quality in 1859
- MONDAY MUSINGS: Earthquake in Guntersville, Nat King Cole & Sequoyah
- A wonderful description from 1859 of the first building on Auburn University’s campus
- Did you know that Shorter, Alabama was once called LaPlace?
- Laying the cornerstone for the future Auburn University in 1857 was quite an occasion
- Biography: Rev. John Allan born April 21, 1788 – photograph
- TBT: The bite of the Black Widow Story in Tuscaloosa made nationwide news
- Mother’s Day is almost here – Do you know when it started?
- Birmingham, the Chicago of the South? interesting excerpts from local news of 1883[old photographs]
- RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Get a muskrat skin and wear it over the lungs?
Open: Do you remember the first Shell Homes – They were much better than two room shacks [photographs]Read More ...
Open: This North Carolina sign is probably the most understated historical marker in America [photographs and film]
Open: He was one of the richest men in Europe when he was herded into a dirty cellar and shot. Do you know who he was?
Open: Pictures & film of coal-mining town Kempton’s playground for children – with great video of Life in a coal-mining town