Tags1770s 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's alabama Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humor interest humorous Maryland memories Michigan military New Jersey New York Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States history World War II
- Shorter, Alabama was once called LaPlace according to this church history
- Laying the cornerstone for the future Auburn University in 1857 was quite an occasion
- Biography: Rev. John Allan born April 21, 1788 – photograph
- TBT: The bite of the Black Widow Story in Tuscaloosa made nationwide news
- Mother’s Day is almost here – Do you know when it started?
- Birmingham, the Chicago of the South? interesting excerpts from local news of 1883[old photographs]
- RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Get a muskrat skin and wear it over the lungs?
- People were starving in Alabama in 1866
- TOMBSTONE TUESDAY – Tombstones of famous people
- Biography: Edward Kernan Campbell born April 17, 1858 – photograph
Open: Farming in Clark County, Kentucky in 1916 required the help of the whole family as can be seen in these remarkable photographs below – many have names of the families