Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- 1817 writer says that Alabama is an American Cannan
- Personals from The Florence Times Oct. 6, 1905 – Is your ancestor mentioned?
- Early planters, large land owners of Greensboro and a practical joke
- Marengo County, Alabama – Some marriage records from the 1818-1851
- On December 15, 1894, Back from Texas, Moonshiners, Debate and J. L. Allen left his bride behind
- Death And Marriage Notices From Missing Issues of Autauga County Newspapers
- RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Apple Custard from the 1890s
- Chief Chinnabee had a dream to give some of his land to a white man
- On January 16, 1967, Lurleen Wallace was inaugurated as Alabama’s first female governor
- TOMBSTONE TUESDAY: Humorous epitaphs from the West
Open: The picturesque [see vintage pictures] town of Bethel, Vermont had a doctor who made house calls on horse back
Open: [Story, historic pics & film] Do you believe that Matthias Bruen still haunts the house of Benjamin Franklin’s son?
Open: This house was spared in the Civil War because of a beautiful widow’s plea [see pictures & film]Read More ...
Open: [see vintage pictures] No heavy equipment – Mules, tractors and shovels built this ‘green’ town and provided jobs