Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- Loud Goats a problem in Birmingham – read about a planned solution
- MONDAY MUSINGS: Sometimes you must tear away the grass to find what you want
- Biography: Rev. Simeon R. C. Adams born June 18, 1849
- Teacher in Bagley arrested for assault and battery
- Biography: Andrew Jackson Tarrant born June 17, 1832 – photograph
- The pioneers of Perote cemetery and school in Bullock County
- SUNDAY SOLILOQUY: What is the strangest thing you ever ate?
- Has fatherhood changed much since 1881? See these rules from an 1881 newspaper
- Powell family had many descendants in Clarke County, Alabama
- Biography: William Henry Amerine born June 17, 1878
Open: Circleville, Ohio – Displaced Farmers in 1938 had to live in shanty towns called Hoovervilles [vintage photographs]
Open: Nyssa, Oregon in 1942 -[pictures] The population changed drastically when Japanese Americans worked at a labor camp in 1942
Open: This article about educating children was written in 1837, but the words are still valid today!Read More ...
Open: Great [photographs] of Kempton, West Virginia children – Sometimes the children worked in minesRead More ...