Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- 1817 writer says that Alabama is an American Cannan
- Personals from The Florence Times Oct. 6, 1905 – Is your ancestor mentioned?
- Early planters, large land owners of Greensboro and a practical joke
- Marengo County, Alabama – Some marriage records from the 1818-1851
- On December 15, 1894, Back from Texas, Moonshiners, Debate and J. L. Allen left his bride behind
- Death And Marriage Notices From Missing Issues of Autauga County Newspapers
- RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Apple Custard from the 1890s
- Chief Chinnabee had a dream to give some of his land to a white man
- On January 16, 1967, Lurleen Wallace was inaugurated as Alabama’s first female governor
- TOMBSTONE TUESDAY: Humorous epitaphs from the West
Open: Circleville, Ohio – Displaced Farmers in 1938 had to live in shanty towns called Hoovervilles [vintage photographs]
Open: Nyssa, Oregon in 1942 -[pictures] The population changed drastically when Japanese Americans worked at a labor camp in 1942
Open: This article about educating children was written in 1837, but the words are still valid today!Read More ...
Open: Great [photographs] of Kempton, West Virginia children – Sometimes the children worked in minesRead More ...