A freelancer, freelance worker, or freelance is a person who is self-employed and is not committed to a particular employer long-term. The word Freelance actually came from the Middle Ages when freelances were soldiers who fought for anyone who would hire them. They were literally freelancers … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- Personal Newspaper Abstracts from Bibb Blade, Bibb County, Alabama – January 1883
- Biography: Warren Randolph Bell born Septembe 20, 1839 – photograph
- Many Aldrich families in Alabama will find this useful
- Revolutionary War Soldier Samuel Lowery had many descendants in Alabama!
- High explosives were once manufactured in many small towns in Alabama
- THROWBACK THURSDAY: Elections for early representatives of Bibb County, Alabama were often heated
- Biography: George Elmer Crowell born September 20, 1873
- Some TEAGUE, Court records for Benton (now Calhoun) County, AL.
- USA national debt – In 1894 speech Hon. Jos. Wheeler of Alabama cited statistics when and why it started
- FORGOTTEN PHOTOS: Vintage photographs of soldiers in the Confederacy with links to the source of photographs found at the ADAH