Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humorous idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history
- Simpson Manuscript – On Feb. 4, 1861, these delegates met at the Confederate Conference held in Montgomery, Alabama.
- PATRON + 1899 News clipping about Tuscaloosa, Alabama citizen Washington Moody
- PATRON – Greene County, Alabama – Various Court Records
- PATRON + SATURDAY SECRETS – 1900 directions for ebonizing furniture
- “Pretty soon there won’t be nothin’ left ter take”
- PATRON + Pioneer Birmingham, Alabama nurse died in 1961
- PATRON – November 1819 Term of County of Cahawba Minutes
- PATRON+ FUNNY FRIDAY – Miscellaneous items from 1872 newspaper reveal humor of the day
- Simpson manuscript – St. Stephens, Alabama’s Territorial Capital
- This is a Great Place to Visit in Birmingham, Alabama to pay respect to Veterans
Open: The picturesque [see vintage pictures] town of Bethel, Vermont had a doctor who made house calls on horse back
Open: [Story, historic pics & film] Do you believe that Matthias Bruen still haunts the house of Benjamin Franklin’s son?
Open: This house was spared in the Civil War because of a beautiful widow’s plea [see pictures & film]Read More ...
Open: [see vintage pictures] No heavy equipment – Mules, tractors and shovels built this ‘green’ town and provided jobs