Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humorous idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history
- On June 1, 1819, President Monroe surprised Huntsville, Alabama citizens with a visit
- PATRON + Amazing glimpse of train travel in 1874 as Dr. Connerly set out to secure items for a Free school
- PATRON – March 1861 – Clayton, Some names in legal notices include Hancock, Smith, McDonald, Pipkin, Calhoun, Thomas and more
- PATRON + TOMBSTONE TUESDAY – For I have another wife…funny tombstone
- Did you know that the Legislature branch was superior in Alabama’s first constitution?
- PATRON + There were many people against the Civil War in Alabama including these Unionists in Montgomery, Alabama in 1861 [films]
- PATRON – Alabama Bible Records: Charles Pickney Jones family
- PATRON + MONDAY MUSINGS: Random thoughts about stress [vintage pictures]
- BIOGRAPHY: Frederick Monroe James (1793 – 1863) Bibb County, Alabama
- Location of Chiaha, and Cherokees – Part I – Excerpt from Hugh Cardon’s 1936
Open: Ellis Island was the gateway to America for millions of immigrants – remarkable photographs of their arrival
Open: Actress Katharine Hepburn’s grandfather owned a valuable historic property [film and photographs]Read More ...
Open: A cool vintage film of a day at the beach in San Francisco in 1903 and everyone is in suits and hats!
Open: Experience a ride on a 1902 train with this rare film through San Francisco Bay area before the bridge was built