The Schoenfeldt, a Russian-German family, raised turkeys on their farm in Sheridan County, Kansas in August 1939. Photojournalist Russell Lee took many photographs of the family as they went about their daily chores. Family of Mr. Schoenfeldt, FSA (Farm Security … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- Celebrate Oktoberfest in Cullman with German descendants!
- FiF – Fix it Friday: Household hints from the past – these are still helpful
- Lawrence County, Alabama was named for the Captain who said, “Never give up the ship”
- FiF Fix-it Friday: Building and household hints from early 1800s
- John Murrell – Terror of the Natchez Trace
- Have you ever heard of John’s Domain in Escambia County, Alabama?
- RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Spoon Bread – recipe from 1924
- On Sept. 19, 1881 Birmingham citizens assembled to express their grief
- Tombstone Tuesday: Which received the best dinners?
- They rode him on a rail down the main street of Greensboro, Alabama because he . . .