This is a haunting photograph. I wonder what this child is thinking about? Trapped in the spinning room of a cotton manufacturing factory, she probably had many of the same wishes as any ten-year-old today. Can you imagine this kind of daily … Read More
Tags1770s 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's 2010s Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humor interest Kansas Maryland memories Michigan military New Jersey New York Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States history World War II WWII
- Don’t forget to pray for our members of the military away from home this Christmas!
- Biography: Rev. Samuel Mernary Adams born Dec. 10, 1853
- William Weatherford surrendered to save his people from starvation
- Biography: Peyton Green Bowman born 1854 with photograph
- FiF – Fix-it Friday: Our ancestors were ingenious…
- Biography: Joseph Warren Harris born Dec. 9, 1847 – photograph
- Imagine moving 33 Family members, 500 miles from Alabama in the 1830’s
- TBT: Curious story of Marital fraud in Huntsville reported in The Tuscaloosa News
- A day of infamy – [vintage film] Take time today to remember those who sacrificed so much by sending a letter for free
- Decorating the Christmas Tree – Remember the aluminum and white trees?