He was hard pressed to get enough to eat, and went bankrupt, but eight years later he was wealthy. Today his work is known world-wide and he is beloved from small fishing villages to the frozen North. He could have … Read More
Tags1770s 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's 2010s Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humor interest Kansas Maryland memories Michigan military New Jersey New York Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States history World War II WWII
- Biography: John Randolph Copeland born October 25, 1862 with photograph
- Tombstone Tuesday: Sometimes people found tombstones were a good place to advertise
- Biography: Abram Mordecai Revolutionary War soldier born 1755
- Spring in the Country – I learned my lesson the hard way
- How would you like to decide this interesting court case from 1905?
- MONDAY MUSINGS: Some thoughts and old pictures about life in general [vintage pictures]
- Did you know we have many biographies in book form?
- Anne Newport Royall – reports in a letter from 1821 of snakes that fly apart and plants that close their leaves
- Personals – New abstracts of “The Comings and Goings of the citizens of Florence 1905
- Biography: Dr. William Claiborne Williams born 1876