The Appalachian Mountains stretch from Belle Isle in Canada to Cheaha Mountain in the U.S. state of Alabama. The cultural region of Appalachia typically refers only to the central and southern portions of the range. Since its recognition as a … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- Many Aldrich families in Alabama will find this useful
- Revolutionary War Soldier Samuel Lowery had many descendants in Alabama!
- High explosives were once manufactured in many small towns in Alabama
- THROWBACK THURSDAY: Elections for early representatives of Bibb County, Alabama were often heated
- Biography: George Elmer Crowell born September 20, 1873
- Some TEAGUE, Court records for Benton (now Calhoun) County, AL.
- USA national debt – In 1894 speech Hon. Jos. Wheeler of Alabama cited statistics when and why it started
- FORGOTTEN PHOTOS: Vintage photographs of soldiers in the Confederacy with links to the source of photographs found at the ADAH
- Biography: Theodore Ackland or Acklen born September 19,1833
- Did you know that in 1932 the Birmingham Municipal Airport was the only airport in the South that received an A-T-A rating [vintage photographs]