The Appalachian Mountains stretch from Belle Isle in Canada to Cheaha Mountain in the U.S. state of Alabama. The cultural region of Appalachia typically refers only to the central and southern portions of the range. Since its recognition as a … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- MONDAY MUSINGS: What is your favorite name for it?
- History and names of Daughters of The American Revolution in Alabama
- Elijah Abston was born 1770 in South Carolina and died in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Patron – July 13, 1889, Local news from the Covington Times, Covington County, Alabama
- Patron+ Anniston, Calhoun County, Alabama shipped cotton goods to China in 1883
- BIOGRAPHY: John Wesley Starr, Jr. October 22, 1830
- Aaron Smith (1720- 1776) fought in American Revolution & was massacred by Indians
- Kenan’s Mill, Dallas County, Alabama – Do you believe it is haunted?
- Patron+ TWO HUNDRED YEARS AGO: Fort Claiborne history published
- Patron – Is your Albertville, Alabama ancestor mentioned in this newspaper from October 23, 1919