All the ice from the winter months in the north was helpful to the southern states in the olden days as can be seen from this story. The Iceman Made Life Easier Before the Arrival of Electricity by Steve … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- Have you ever had an embarrassing moment like this? How did you handle it?
- Patron+ Part 3 Alabama in Mexico War – personal letter about capture of Vera Cruz and more
- Patron – Local news from The American Banner (Bay Minette, Alabama, September 16, 1899)
- SUNDAY SOLILOQUY: Memories from the days of University of Alabama Coach Paul Bear Bryant
- Biography: Joseph Warren Harris born Dec. 9, 1847 – photograph
- Patron+ Part 2 – Alabama in the Mexican War – personal letter about Wm. T. Sherman and chicken raid
- Patron – Bellefonte, Jackson County, Alabama – Sheriff Notices for land sales and sale of slave in 1839
- Patron+ Good Ole Days – What if you had to dye and make all your clothes? Could you do it?
- Biography: John Finley Gillespie born 1858
- Decorating the Christmas Tree – Remember the aluminum and white trees?