Many people traveled to California from all over the country in the 1930’s seeking work due to the Great Depression and Dust Bowl. They traveled in many vehicles, by trains, trucks, cars and many were homemade trailers. Some even walked. … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- Transcribed personal abstracts from February 12, 1874 Birmingham Iron Age
- Interesting description of the Southern girl in 1899 Alabama newspaper
- SATURDAY SECRETS: Building and household hints from early 1800s
- Biographies of the Delegates to the Alabama Secession Convention -Part II
- BIOGRAPHY: Mrs. Wm. B. Alexander (April 21, 1834 – May 24, 1894)
- Proof of parents of Emanuel Deitz and Elizabeth Avinger needed
- Biography: James Crow Nabors born April 20, 1858
- Honor your ancestor on Alabama Pioneers for the bicentennial!
- Daphne Methodist Church, oldest on Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay
- FUNNY FRIDAY: Do you remember these funny sayings? Do you know more?