The idiom in the twinkling of an eye means something happens very quickly. The phrase “In the twinkling of an eye” is from the Bible – 1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, “in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- RECIPE WESNESDAY: Raisin Puffs with lemon sauce
- Have you heard our latest podcast about a fake murder and a stolen courthouse?
- Truth Stranger Than Fiction – Strange Incident that happened at the post office in Greensboro in 1872
- Tombstone Tuesday: A lesson from a Quack doctor
- Santa Claus was shot? A very memorable Christmas
- The city of Enterprise, Alabama dedicated a monument to an insect on Dec. 11, 1919
- Magnolia Grove, Greensboro, old home of Richard Pearson Hobson of “The Sinking of the Merrimac” fame
- Outbreak of the Civil War – memories of Mary Love (Edwards) Fleming (1851-1934)
- BIOGRAPHY: Rev. William C. Bradford – 1862
- We are celebrating with a Giveaway on Amazon!