Tags1770s 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's alabama Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humor interest humorous Maryland memories Michigan military New Jersey New York Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States history World War II
- Professor Darby of Auburn invented a machine to study air quality in 1859
- MONDAY MUSINGS: Earthquake in Guntersville, Nat King Cole & Sequoyah
- A wonderful description from 1859 of the first building on Auburn University’s campus
- Did you know that Shorter, Alabama was once called LaPlace?
- Laying the cornerstone for the future Auburn University in 1857 was quite an occasion
- Biography: Rev. John Allan born April 21, 1788 – photograph
- TBT: The bite of the Black Widow Story in Tuscaloosa made nationwide news
- Mother’s Day is almost here – Do you know when it started?
- Birmingham, the Chicago of the South? interesting excerpts from local news of 1883[old photographs]
- RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Get a muskrat skin and wear it over the lungs?
Open: Great [photographs] of Kempton, West Virginia children – Sometimes the children worked in minesRead More ...
Open: The Condict House in Morristown is a very historic house in New Jersey – with many famous visitorsRead More ...
Open: Travel trailers were especially helpful during the Great Depression of the 1930s – see film and pictures
Open: See beautiful Nez Percé Native American portraits by photographer Edward S. Curtis taken ca. 1903 with films
Open: Hyphenated Americans – we had this same discussion exactly 100 years ago – see 100 yr old article and pics
Open: Oregon Bound via North Dakota gold mining 1884 – Amazing personal account of gold miner born in 1859!