Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- Loud Goats a problem in Birmingham – read about a planned solution
- MONDAY MUSINGS: Sometimes you must tear away the grass to find what you want
- Biography: Rev. Simeon R. C. Adams born June 18, 1849
- Teacher in Bagley arrested for assault and battery
- Biography: Andrew Jackson Tarrant born June 17, 1832 – photograph
- The pioneers of Perote cemetery and school in Bullock County
- SUNDAY SOLILOQUY: What is the strangest thing you ever ate?
- Has fatherhood changed much since 1881? See these rules from an 1881 newspaper
- Powell family had many descendants in Clarke County, Alabama
- Biography: William Henry Amerine born June 17, 1878
Open: Beautiful photographs while traveling through rural Georgia in 1937 reveal much about he peopleRead More ...
Open: DYK: Do you know why we use the phrase twinkling of an eye for something that happens quickly?Read More ...
Open: [vintage pics and story] Did you know that Vermont has the 1st written constitution abolishing slavery