Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's alabama Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health history human interest humor humorous Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- I wonder how many Alabamians could tell similar stories from the 1930s
- Friday Fix-it: Some old Flower Tips from our Past…
- The run of the Red Horse – an Alabama fishing experience that no longer exists
- TBT: The 15th cause of death in Alabama on June 22, 1937 was malaria
- The Great Awakening leader Jonathan Edwards’ grandson resided in Alabama and is related to Alabama Governor
- Recipe Wednesday: How to eliminate “Flat Sour” in Canning
- A woman is considered old at forty and no longer wears colors
- TOMBSTONE TUESDAY: A young man’s early death and woman’s new home
- Did you know the CSS Alabama was built in secrecy in England during the War Between the States? Here is why.
- Monday Musings: Interesting photographs from Clayton, Alabama ca. 1915
Open: Ellis Island was the gateway to America for millions – remarkable photographs and film of their arrival
Open: The large family of William Rall in Sheridan County, Kansas were prepared for the winter in 1939 – great pics
Open: Fashion Fads are nothing new but the hobble skirt is really strange from 1910 – this is why it became popular
Open: A cool vintage film of a day at the beach in San Francisco in 1903 and everyone is in suits and hats!
Open: Take a ride on a train in 1902 with this rare film of San Francisco Bay area before the bridge was built