Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- 1817 writer says that Alabama is an American Cannan
- Personals from The Florence Times Oct. 6, 1905 – Is your ancestor mentioned?
- Early planters, large land owners of Greensboro and a practical joke
- Marengo County, Alabama – Some marriage records from the 1818-1851
- On December 15, 1894, Back from Texas, Moonshiners, Debate and J. L. Allen left his bride behind
- Death And Marriage Notices From Missing Issues of Autauga County Newspapers
- RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Apple Custard from the 1890s
- Chief Chinnabee had a dream to give some of his land to a white man
- On January 16, 1967, Lurleen Wallace was inaugurated as Alabama’s first female governor
- TOMBSTONE TUESDAY: Humorous epitaphs from the West
Open: Ellis Island was the gateway to America for millions – remarkable photographs and film of their arrival
Open: The large family of William Rall in Sheridan County, Kansas were prepared for the winter in 1939 – great pics
Open: Fashion Fads are nothing new but the hobble skirt is really strange from 1910 – this is why it became popular
Open: A cool vintage film of a day at the beach in San Francisco in 1903 and everyone is in suits and hats!
Open: Take a ride on a train in 1902 with this rare film of San Francisco Bay area before the bridge was built