Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- Religion was not prominent in early pioneer days of Jackson County, Alabama
- A former African-American slave who became a pastor reveals how he felt when he first acquired his freedom
- RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Old Fashioned Alabama Dressing for your Thanksgiving meal
- What is your favorite recipe for cornbread dressing? Share your hints below
- Happy Birthday William Christopher Handy born November 16, 1873!
- No fee was charged for medical treatment for the first pioneers of Jackson County, Alabama
- RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Old-fashioned Apple Slump
- General Sherman wintered in Jackson County, Alabama during the Civil War
- Tombstone Tuesday: Married again after death?
- One of largest artesian wells in the world was near Greensboro, Alabama
Open: Ellis Island was the gateway to America for millions – remarkable photographs and film of their arrival
Open: The large family of William Rall in Sheridan County, Kansas were prepared for the winter in 1939 – great pics
Open: Fashion Fads are nothing new but the hobble skirt is really strange from 1910 – this is why it became popular
Open: A cool vintage film of a day at the beach in San Francisco in 1903 and everyone is in suits and hats!
Open: Take a ride on a train in 1902 with this rare film of San Francisco Bay area before the bridge was built