Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humorous idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history
- Hale County, Alabama has 10 historic sites and some ghost towns
- PATRON + MARSHALL COUNTY ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO -written in 1900 – Part I
- PATRON – Weddings, parties, and dances and town of Berry closing in 1923
- PATRON + SATURDAY SECRETS – Remove dents in a wooden bowl or breadboard by . . .
- Which story do you believe is true about the University of Alabama mascot, Big Al?
- PATRON + Gen. LaFayette Letters – On March 22nd, 1825 Thos. Farrar wrote a letter about Gen. LaFayette’s arrival
- PATRON – Society Personals and welcome to Naturalized citizens in the news December 1923
- PATRON + FUNNY FRIDAY – A bat in church
- We went to a three month school with a pot-bellied stove in Wilcox County, Alabama
- PATRON + Son of Revolutionary War, Gov. John Murphy settled in Clarke County
Open: He was one of the richest men in Europe when he was herded into a dirty cellar and shot. Do you know who he was?
Open: Many colonial ancestors embraced the Quaker faith – this reveals why and how they where persecutedRead More ...
Open: [pictures] Rockingham – where General Washington wrote his farewell address, has been moved many times