VEGETABLES BETTER THAN DRUGS (Excerpt from The Tallapoosa New Era, Dadeville, Alabama, January 6, 1887) Spinach has a direct effect upon complaints of the kidneys. The common dandelion, uses as greens, is excellent for the same trouble. Asparagus purges the … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humorous idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history
- Do you know what type bread is older than our Country?
- PATRON + Gov. John Gayle was a very popular governor of Alabama.
- PATRON – Society news and deaths around Birmingham, Alabama December 1923
- SUNDAY SOLILOQUY: This story has a very important message about sharing memories before it’s too late
- Hale County, Alabama has 10 historic sites and some ghost towns
- PATRON + MARSHALL COUNTY ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO -written in 1900 – Part I
- PATRON – Weddings, parties, and dances and town of Berry closing in 1923
- PATRON + SATURDAY SECRETS – Remove dents in a wooden bowl or breadboard by . . .
- Which story do you believe is true about the University of Alabama mascot, Big Al?
- PATRON + Gen. LaFayette Letters – On March 22nd, 1825 Thos. Farrar wrote a letter about Gen. LaFayette’s arrival