(I discovered this story in an old newspaper clipping from The Morning Star, May 16, 1937 for Wilmington, Delaware. I imagine this playhouse was a site to see. I’m sure the village is probably gone by now but if anyone … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humorous idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history
- Surveying Alabama – Trading Houses Established
- PATRON + President of US did not want Muscle Shoals settled
- PATRON – 1921 news from Thorsby, Alabama includes participants in debate from Helen Kellar Society
- PATRON + FUNNY FRIDAY: I trace family history so I will know whom to blame
- Women Steered The Boats While The Men Fought
- UPDATED WITH PODCAST PATRON + Did you know that Huntsville, Alabama has the distinction of having the oldest public water system in the United States west of the Appalachians?
- PATRON – On February 11, 1930, a man was fatally hurt by an electric train
- PATRON + GOOD OLE DAYS: I wonder how they decided that these cures worked!
- BIOGRAPHY: Johnston M. McCauley, (1817-1873) Perry County
- Eufaula, Alabama – written in 1875