Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humorous idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history
- Forty-fourth Alabama Regiment – history written by a member in 1898
- PATRON + James Mitchell – a founder of Alabama Power Co.
- PATRON – McIntire, Webb, Robinson and others legal notices in Clarke County, 1845
- UPDATED WITH PODCAST TOWNS IN THE ALABAMA TERRITORY – Huntsville, Alabama has a long history
- PATRON + Immigrant introduces Japanese camellias from wife’s dowry to Mobile in 1917
- PATRON – Legal notices Stephenson, Cox, & Megginson in Macon, Ala. in 1845
- UPDATED WITH POD CAST – Brierfield State Park in Alabama was once a Boom Town [old photographs]
- PATRON + GOOD OLE DAYS – Household tips from 1908 – newspapers and bedrooms
- Down the Alabama River – Day Nine on August 19, 1814
- PATRON + Ex-slave Julia Baker was born in VA – taken to AL when three-years-old
Open: [Amazing pics from 1900s] Can you imagine your 5-year-old child doing this on the streets in Washington D. C?
Open: [cool 1930s pictures & film] Middlesboro, Kentucky, a city with 3.6 mile meteor crater comes back strong after a flooding disaster
Open: [old film & pictures] The Ohio River Flood of 1937 surpassed all prior floods during the previous 175 years – great historic films
Open: Amazing pictures of the burning of the White House in 1812 – with the official British report of what took place!