Many residents of Greene County, Georgia struggled to make ends meet in 1939. Marion Post Wolcott documented their difficulties, and anything else that interest her as she traveled with photographs. Rural rehabilitation family. Greene County, Georgia 1939 Black Grocery Store … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humorous idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history
- Women Steered The Boats While The Men Fought
- UPDATED WITH PODCAST PATRON + Did you know that Huntsville, Alabama has the distinction of having the oldest public water system in the United States west of the Appalachians?
- PATRON – On February 11, 1930, a man was fatally hurt by an electric train
- PATRON + GOOD OLE DAYS: I wonder how they decided that these cures worked!
- BIOGRAPHY: Johnston M. McCauley, (1817-1873) Perry County
- Eufaula, Alabama – written in 1875
- PATRON + Winston County was first named Hancock County
- PATRON – May 1921 -Visitors from Birmingham and Special Election make news in Clanton, Alabama
- PATRON + RECIPE WEDNESDAY: Corn “A La Southern” 1924 Recipe
- A Tennessee woman was captured by Creek Indians & taken to Black Warrior town in Alabama