The Appalachian Mountains stretch from Belle Isle in Canada to Cheaha Mountain in the U.S. state of Alabama. The cultural region of Appalachia typically refers only to the central and southern portions of the range. Since its recognition as a … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humorous idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history
- PATRON – Is your relative listed in these 1850 Alabama Death Notices?
- Biography: Judge Augustus Aurelius Coleman born May 21, 1826 – photograph
- PATRON + Women Steered The Boats While The Men Fought
- She tried kicking the ice to let the fish have air….see what happened next
- PATRON+ Winston County was first named Hancock County
- PATRON –Malaria, pneumonia, and accidents were in the news in Union, Alabama in 1915
- PATRON+ Did you know that Huntsville, Alabama has the distinction of having the oldest public water system in the United States west of the Appalachians?
- Are you documenting your memories? This is how we use to do it…
- PATRON – Socials, Schools, baseball and church news from St. Elmo, Alabama 1915
- Biography: Hugh Morrow born May 19, 1873 – photograph