Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humorous idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history
- A Tennessee woman was captured by Creek Indians & taken to Black Warrior town in Alabama
- PATRON + Autaugaville Methodist Church began in a log structure in 1822
- PATRON – In Chilton County 1921, bridges were being closed and the women had meetings
- PATRON + TOMBSTONE TUESDAY: Tombstones can be a way of getting even…
- A Governor of Alabama waited for the Baby Girl to grow up before he married her
- PATRON + Alabama Power Company – origins date back to experiments in Attalla
- PATRON – Schools continued in Monroe County, Alabama during the Civil War
- PATRON + MONDAY MUSINGS The Country Teacher’s Hard Lot
- Bibb County, Alabama was once a part of Monroe and Montgomery counties
- Col. Powell’s scheme to move the Jefferson County Courthouse to Birmingham.
Open: Are you planning what to do on spring break, yet? Here’s a typical one from the 1950s – Oh the memories!