VEGETABLES BETTER THAN DRUGS (Excerpt from The Tallapoosa New Era, Dadeville, Alabama, January 6, 1887) Spinach has a direct effect upon complaints of the kidneys. The common dandelion, uses as greens, is excellent for the same trouble. Asparagus purges the … Read More
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor humorous idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history
- A great Alabama story about Rachel Donelson, Wife of President Andrew Jackson,
- PATRON + Alabama Folklore, Part III – The Earth Shake, White Folklore, – Famous Brigande
- PATRON – Randolph County, Alabama – (D) – Civil War soldiers with links to gravesites
- PATRON + FUNNY FRIDAY: This is so funny but I imagine quite typical . . .
- David Moniac’s letter to David Tate concerning his father’s property – a historic treasure
- PATRON + News from November 17, 1931 reveals the difficulties Alabamians had during the Great Depression
- PATRON – Randolph County, Alabama – (C) – Civil War soldiers with links to gravesites
- PATRON + GOOD OLE DAYS- Teaching in Alabama in the 1870s was quite an experience!
- On December 4, 1888, a riot took place Birmingham, Alabama, resulting in many deaths
- PATRON + Part 2 – Joseph F. Roper Diary excerpts from 1846 -1853