Photojournalist Marion Post Wolcott took these photographs in 1939 of Greensboro, Georgia as she traveled in the area.
- A glimpse of rural life in Georgia in 1939, times were hard
- Amazing photographs of Jackson Plantation in Greene County,…
- Can you help identify the owners of these homes in Greene…
- Striking photographs of small town life in Georgia in 1939
- Greene County, Georgia – striking pictures from the…
- Life was simpler in 1939 in Greene County, Georgia, but you…
- Can you believe that a cotton mill outside Atlanta had a…
- Photographs while traveling through rural Georgia in 1937
Tags1770s 1850's 1890's 1900's 1910's 1920's 1930's 1930's 1940's 1940's 1950's 1960's Alabama history American history Arkansas California Civil War dust bowl genealogy Georgia government Great Depression health historical fiction history human interest humor idioms Maryland memories military New Jersey New York nostalgia Ohio Oklahoma politics Recipes Revolutionary War saying sayings Texas U. S. History United States United States history World War II
- Do you remember when bear, panther and wolf were common in early Alabama?
- Two important events in Alabama history happened on May 21. Do you know what they were?
- Details of a shootout on 1st Avenue in Birmingham, Alabama on May 21 one hundred and thirty years ago
- Death and Marriage notices from Autauga County, Alabama 1850s – 1870s newspapers
- Biography: Benjamin Wilson born 1773
- MONDAY MUSINGS: Important words to remember by Archivist Peter A. Brannon (1882 -1967)
- Take away all the buildings and imagine Birmingham with just tents everywhere!
- Did you know six years before the Wright Bros. famous flight a manned glider flew 15 feet over Mobile Bay beach in Alabama?
- SUNDAY SOLILOQUY: Sometimes life doesn’t go as planned….
- Biography: Col. Joseph Hayes Acklen born May 20, 1850 – photographs